Posted in: Blog by DeborahK on March 27, 2011
Find a quiet comfortable place where you won’t be disturbed for 10 minutes. (If the sun is shining try this outside in a garden or park).
- Sit in a comfortable position, close your eyes.
- Take a few deep breaths filling your lungs with air. As you breathe out imagine you are breathing out any unwanted stress or anxiety from your body. Feel the breath right down to the base of your spine.
- Let your mind quieten. Let go of all thoughts and focus on your breath. If your mind wanders, be ok with it and come back to the breath when you are ready.
- Bring your attention to the middle of your chest. Imagine the sunshine beaming into this space. Fill the entire area with this golden warmth. Breathe in and feel the warmth deep inside your chest and in and around your heart.
- Take a few moments to focus on how this warmth feels. Bask in it.
- After a few more breaths, inhale and draw the golden warmth up to the middle of your forehead. Sit for a few moments and feel the warmth spread across your forehead.
- While focussing on the warm golden glow on your forehead, say thank you to yourself or out loud, for 5 things you are grateful for today. Say “Thank you (spirit/God/universe/other). I am grateful for _________________.
- After you have declare the five things you are grateful for, sit and notice the feelings that come up. Take some time to go deeply into those feelings.
- Take a few more breaths and feel the warmth across your forehead and in your heart area again.
- In your own time slowly open your eyes and notice how you feel. Stand up very gently with the intention of being wide awake, refreshed and ready for your day.
- Carry this good feeling of gratitude around with you throughout the day.
If you don’t have time to meditate just declare 5 things you are grateful for each day. Practice this and see what happens.